The fun only gets better when you visit the Museum with your friends! For you, your classmates, church group, scout pack, neighborhood friends… whomever, we offer special programs and special prices for your visit. There’s something special about how friends play and learn together that makes your visit just that much more fun!
Take your students on an experience that will spark their imagination and allow them to discover the power of hands-on learning for themselves! Plan your experience as a day of self-discovery and let students explore all of our interactive exhibits. Coordinate your trip to include special field studies taught by our CMSC Educators that build on your classroom curriculum. Museum Field Trips are two hours in duration and may be booked year-round. A minimum of 15 children is required to qualify for special group rates.
Discovery Field Study
Includes a 45-minute program with age-appropriate and standards-based activities led by a CMSC Educator plus 75 minutes of group exploration led by teachers and chaperones. Call to inquire about current Field Study programs.
Exploration Field Study
Includes an orientation to the Museum and time to explore the Museum’s hands-on exhibits.
Small group or special needs?
We have options for you, too! Call the museum for details.
Cost & Reservations
• Self-Paced Field Study: $4.50 per child – Includes an orientation to the Museum and time to explore the Museum’s hands-on exhibits (120 minute visit). Minimum of 15 children is required.
• Field Study: $7.50/child – Includes an orientation to the Museum and time to explore the Museum’s hands-on exhibits and a 30 minute educational program of your choice (120 minute visit). Minimum of 15 children is required. Call to inquire about current Field Study programs.
• Group Rates – Include 1 Free Adult Admission for every 5 Paid Child Admissions, additional adults/children will be admitted at a discounted rate of $6.00 each. Membership Passports are NOT valid for field trip admissions.
• Small group or special needs?? We have options for you, too! Call the museum for details.
• Availability: Museum Field Trips may be booked Monday – Friday year round.
Sample Rotation Guides: See examples of how visiting groups can be divided up to take turns enjoying all the Museum has to offer!